Enthusiastic and social individual with a strong passion for science and IT in particular, always eager to challenge himself with new projects in order to constantly improve his skills and knowledge, looking forward to applying his expertise on a fresh research topic.
|MSc Ethical Hacking & Computer Security||2010 – 2012|
|University of Abertay Dundee(Scotland)
Aim: to build the core skills needed to independently and critically analyze and secure computer systems, applications, web sites and networks.
Key modules include:
• Penetration Testing. A thorough analysis of testing methodologies (e.g. OWASP, OSSTMM, ISSAF), tools (e.g. Nessus, BackTrack, Burp Suite, W3AF, Metasploit, Wireshark), mitigating techniques, risk management and security code reviews.
• Networking and Telecommunication. Focused on the design, monitoring and management of networks; content of the course also includes, but is not limited to, the Cisco CCNA module.
• Ethical Hacking and Malware Analysis. Understand of the tools and techniques adopted by hackers to attack computers, web applications and systems, as well as defensive measures and malicious code analysis.
• Forensic. Carry out an entire computer forensic investigation following the ACPO guidelines using Helix
Dissertation title: RFID Security and Hacking
|BSc Information Technology||2007 – 2010|
|Institut d’Enseignement Superieur de Namur(Belgium)
Aim: to generate skills in many aspects of IT and to train the student to be the mainstay of IT projects who coordinate the different sectors.
Key modules include:
• Computer networking. Followed the CCNA 1, 2, 3 and 4 discovery. Acquire skills to set up a network from material (CISCO administration) to administrative (Active Directory) point of view and create servers (web, database, DNS, FTP, etc).
• Programming. C and Java language. The final exam: was to create an application that administrates a database with a GUI.
• Electronic. A thorough understanding of electricity and electronic components. The final exam: a smart card identification system.
Internship: “IT analyses and customers database migration” in the Web Application Service team at Adidas AG (headquarters), Herzogenaurach (Germany). Final grade: 18/20
|Bsc : Information Technology (Erasmus)||2009|
|VAMK, University of Applied Sciences(Finland)
Aim: to bring about key knowledge of entrepreneurship so as to start a company or manage a team on the one hand, as well as the skills to develop web oriented applications on the other hand.
Key modules include:
• Web Services. Creation of web services that communicate between C++ applications and Java servlets with a GUI through a database.
• Entrepreneurship & quality management. Raising and answering questions about how to start a company and how to lead efficiently.
• Team project based on creating of a mock e-commerce company selling t-shirts with custom graphics designed by consumers. The website that hosts the e-commerce was developed in PHP and the web service used for managing the website was in Java (hosted on Tomcat for the server-side).
• Developing a graphic engine based on ray tracing technique in C.
|RESEARCH ASSISTANT||MAY 2012 – SEPTEMBER 2012|
|University of Louvain-La-Neuve (Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium)
ePassport security: Development of a Proof of Concept for RFID security in biometric passport.
|IT ANALYST||SEPTEMBER 2010 – SEPTEMBER 2011|
|Adidas AG (Herzogenaurach, Germany)
• Provide IT support to the head of the Web Application Service team.
|WEB DESIGNER and WEB DEVELOPER||2009 – 2010|
|For different NPI and associations (Belgium)Web designer and web programmer for several NPI and association websites using PHP with the Framework CakePHP and MySQL database.|
|• Computer networking. CCNA 1-4 (exploration).
• Server (Linux/Windows). Building an operational server (DNS, Apache, Tomcat, FTP, DB, Radius). Manage an active directory.
• Programming. C, C++, C# (.net), Java, PHP, JS, Python. (HTML, CSS, XML).
• Database. SQL, use of MySQL. Following the online Stanford database class.
• Security. Forensic, security audit, penetration test (BSI, OSSTMM, ISSAF, OWASP), malware removal.
• Graphic design. Usage of Adobe Photoshop for web design, logo creation and prints.
|• Flexibility and Adaptability. Acquired during all team projects accomplished, in order to overcome the difficulties that arose. These also increased during experiences abroad, especially during the Erasmus in Finland and the MSc at Abertay: studying in another country, with a completely new learning system, represented a great challenge that I successfully met.
• Team-Working and Leadership. Developed during the BSc studies and continuously improved through a range of work and education related project. In addition, being a scout leader has helped me to become confident in a leadership postion.
• Ability to break down things to make them simpler. Developed a certain liking for teaching (though only tutorials and articles so far).
|Available upon request|
|—–BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–